Monday, July 13, 2009

Easy Monkey Bread


When I told Colin I was making monkey bread, he went on and on about how good his mom's is and that I really should get her recipe. I'm sure Midge's recipe is great, but Colin did end up pretty satisfied with this version too. I thought it was delish, and it was super easy too, which definitely doesn't hurt!

4 small cans or 1 1/2 big cans of biscuits
1 stick of butter (yikes--that's an awful lot of butter!!)
brown sugar
white sugar
cinnamon

Quarter the biscuits. Melt the butter. Combine the sugars and cinnamon and add the mixture plus the melted butter to a large zip lock bag. Add the biscuit pieces to the bag and toss to coat, then pour into a well-greased bundt pan. Bake at whatever temperature the biscuit package says for about 10 minutes (it ended up taking me closer to 15 or 20 minutes for the biscuit pieces to all be fully cooked and get that yummy crispy outside).

Source: my friend Amanda Herron

1 comment:

D'amandn Its Good said...

:) I forgot about this recipe. I think I might make it this a.m. Thanks! I wonder how it will taste subsituting margarine?
~A