Monday, July 13, 2009

Honey Grilled Shrimp


These shrimp were sooooo yummy! I was a little worried because I had planned to cook this on a night when Colin ended up having to work later than usual and by the time he made it home I was way too hungry to spend the time marinating the shrimp for an hour. We just tossed them in the marinade for maybe 10 minutes and they still had plenty of flavor. Yum!

For marinade:
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce (I don't love this flavor, so I subbed in soy sauce and it worked out perfectly)
2 tablespoons dry white wine
2 tablespoons Italian dressing

For basting sauce:
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup butter, melted (I halved this amount)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (again, I subbed in soy sauce)

1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails attached

In a large bowl, mix together all marinade ingredients; add shrimp and toss to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour. Preheat grill to high heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near tail and once near head. Discard marinade. In a small bowl, stir together basting ingredients. Lightly oil grill grate. Grill shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, or until opaque. Baste occasionally while grilling.

Source: allrecipes.com

No comments: