Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pizza Rolls--Yum!

These are so easy, delicious, and can be modified in a million different ways--the perfect party food! I hate that I don't have a picture of these, but I'm sure you'll get the idea anyway.

1 can refrigerated pizza crust (of course you can use homemade pizza dough, but that definitely makes these more work!)
1/4 lb. Genoa salami, thinly sliced
1/4 lb. pepperoni
1/4 lb. provolone, sliced
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
Italian seasoning

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a large baking sheet. Roll dough on the baking sheet into a rectangle approximately 10 x 4 inches. Layer salami, pepperoni and provolone. Sprinkle with mozzarella to within 1/2 inch from edge. Roll jelly-roll style. Seal the edge with a fork. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Slice into 1-inch pieces to serve.

I made an even easier version of these on our recent ski trip, when I wasn't working with all the ingredients or in ideal conditions and they were just as tasty! I rolled the dough into a rectangle, sprinkled mozzarella and pepperoni onto one half of the dough. Then I folded the other half over the top, sealed it with a fork, dotted the top with butter and baked until golden. I cut it into slices and served with marinara to dip it in. Yum!

No comments: