Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lemon Cheesecake Ball


Once again I've managed to get super behind on recipe blogging--I know that because I last served this at a baby shower I hosted in OCTOBER! It's almost February, so I am seriously slacking! As far as the recipe goes, this was absolutely perfect for a baby shower since it's a little bit of a "girly" food. It's also really yummy and can easily be made in advance.

10 oz. cream cheese
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
Zest of 1 large lemon
4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 Graham crackers

Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir together with a spoon or spatula until well combined and smooth. Mix in the lemon zest and juice until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a ball wrapped tightly in the plastic. Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours. Reshape if necessary once firm. Coarsely crush the graham crackers and transfer to a plate or bowl. Roll the cheese ball in the crumbs until evenly coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with fruit (I especially like it with green apple slices and strawberries) and/or crackers.

Source: annies-eats.com

No comments: