Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spicy Beef Kebabs with Lime


I typically don't eat or cook with a lot of red meat, so this was really out on a limb for me, but I knew my lovely husband would appreciate a yummy dinner that included beef for once! I'm glad I tried something new because these ended up being so good! We served these with Colin's delicious spicy grilled corn on the cob and it was quite the excellent dinner.

1 1/2 lbs. tri-tip or sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
8 red jalapeno peppers, cut into 1 inch thick rings (I subbed in bell pepper and purple onion pieces)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 limes, cut into wedges

Thread meat and veggies onto 8 skewers. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat, turning frequently, 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare. Serve with lime wedges.

Source: Real Simple

No comments: