Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spinach Artichoke Bread


I LOVE spinach artichoke dip so much that I sometimes want to just order it for my meal instead of being more appropriate and just having it as an appetizer! Colin also would not be thrilled if I told him we were having a dip for dinner, so this gives me my spinach artichoke dip fix, while seeming more like an actual main course--perfect!

1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
10 oz. fresh spinach
2 green onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 package (4 oz.) light cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup grated mozzarella
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 loaf Italian bread, sliced in half length-wise

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients through Parmesan together, reserving some of the cheese. Hollow 1/2 inch out of the center of both halves of the bread. Spread the mixture into the holes in the bread slices and top with the reserved cheese. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, covered in foil. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve warm.

No comments: