Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thai Chicken Wrap

I just made this for dinner last night, and since it didn't look like anything too special (just a bunch of stuff wrapped up in a tortilla, after all) I didn't even bother taking a picture, but I was wrong about this not being special. It didn't take much time or require any really amazing cooking skills, but it was SO good. I think part of it was that I finally avoided overcooking the chicken (I'm salmonella paranoid!) and I'm a sucker for anything with a good peanut sauce! This is a simple, easy dinner that is seriously tasty!

3 (6 oz.) chicken breasts
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon grill seasoning
2 cups cooked rice (I added cilantro and lime juice to my rice, just to add a little more Thai flavor pizazz)
1/2 cup julienned carrots
1/2 cup julienned cucumber
4 (12 inch) flour tortillas

Sauce:
1/4 cup room temperature chunky peanut butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Heat grill pan over high heat. Toss chicken with soy sauce and oil and grill 6 minutes on each side. Meanwhile whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar and cayenne together. Stream in oil. When chicken is done, slice on an angle. Toss with carrots and cucumber. In a very hot non stick skillet, heat tortillas for about 15 seconds on each side. Pile chicken, veggies and rice in wraps and drizzle liberally with the spicy peanut sauce before wrapping up.

Source: Rachael Ray

2 comments:

Lizzie & Jeff said...

my peanut sauce turned out really thick...what did i do wrong, ali?!?! miss you xoxo

Alison said...

If you did all the right measurements and ingredients, I don't really know! You could try to microwave the PB for maybe 20 seconds or so--enough so that's it's more like a liquid. I bet that would help!