Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Breakfast for my love


Ok, clearly I'm a little behind in my blogging since I made this for a Valentine's Day breakfast, but it was just too cute not to share! My darling, basketball fanatic husband got tickets to go to the NBA All Star game, which just so happened to take place on Valentine's day (and he wasn't taking me!), so we had to squeeze in all of our V-day celebrations early on in the day. I made this yummy brunch for us to enjoy and it was perfect for the occasion! I think I originally saw this in the Martha Stewart magazine, but you don't really need an exact recipe. All you really do is butter a slice of toast, cut out the center with a heart-shaped cookie cutter, place it in a hot skillet until one side is browned, flip it, crack an egg in the center and cook until the egg is done. Two helpful hints that I learned along the way are to leave the cookie cutter in the center of the bread while cooking (spray it lightly with some cooking spray first) so that the egg keeps its shape, and to toast the cut out part for dipping into the egg. Overall it was super easy and very appropo for the occasion!

No comments: