Monday, August 16, 2010

Ham and Cheese Sliders


I used to think that I didn't like ham--I'm not totally sure where this idea came from, but lately I've been revising my ham stance. I thought these ham and cheese sliders sounded good and in the past, I probably would've subbed in turkey for the ham (which I'm sure would be delicious also), but I went with ham as the original recipe called for. These were very yummy and I didn't regret going with the ham a bit!


24 slider rolls (I used mini Hawaiian honey wheat rolls)
24 slices honey ham
24 small slices Swiss cheese
Mayo

Sauce:
1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon finely minced onion
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Poppy seeds, for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 350. Split the slider rolls and spread the insides lightly with mayo. Fold a slice of ham to fit on the roll and top with a slice of Swiss. Replace top bun to assemble the sandwiches. Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet. To make the sauce: combine all ingredients except the poppy seeds and a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle the sauce over the tops of the slider buns. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove the foil and bake for 2 minutes longer. Serve warm.

Source: annies-eats.com

No comments: