Monday, August 16, 2010

Homemade Ranch Dressing

I have a love affair with Ranch dressing, just as any true Texan does. It is a tasty salad dressing and yes, I even love to dip both french fries and pizza crusts in Ranch. I'm also a girl who loves "homemade" anything more than the store bought version, so I was pretty sure that I would love this homemade Ranch recipe. Indeed I did and this will definitely be making regular appearances on my salads!

3/4 cup mayo (I used light)
3/4 cup sour cream (again, I used light)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup buttermilk
1 small bunch chives
small handful parsley
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a food processor, starting with 1/4 cup buttermilk and blend for 10 seconds. Check the consistency and taste and blend in additional buttermilk as desired. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

Source: annies-eats.com
FYI, I served this Ranch over the salad that Annie described on her blog: Romaine, tomatoes, red onion, homemade croutons and grilled chicken. Delicious!

No comments: