Sunday, February 15, 2009

Homemade Applesauce


Ok, I know I am seriously behind on my blog updating--this one is from way back when I got my wisdom teeth removed and I was living on pretty much just yogurt and oatmeal. I finally got sick of those boring options, so I decided to make myself some applesauce and it was so good! Colin was complaining that it was taking too long, but it was totally worth the wait and I'll never eat blah store bought applesauce again! The only thing I would change about this recipe is use a little less sugar next time--it was so sweet it was almost desert-ish.

Applesauce

4-5 apples peeled, cored and chopped into small cubes
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I used probably double the cinnamon because I wanted it to be really cinnamon-y and delicious!)
1 teaspoon brown sugar

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20 mintues, or until tender. Mash with a fork and enjoy!

No comments: