Sunday, February 15, 2009

Simple Mac and Cheese


I love macaroni and cheese, but I haven't quite found my perfect recipe yet. This one was definitely good and I'll make it again sometime, but I'll also keep trying new versions until I find just the right one!

1 1/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1 cup 1% milk
2 tablespoons flour
1 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
pepper

Cook pasta in a medium saucepan according to package directions. Transfer to a colander. In the same saucepan, combine the milk and flour over medium heat, stirring with a whisk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add cheese, salt and pepper and continue whisking until all cheese is melted. Turn off heat, stir in pasta, and let sit for a few minutes before serving.

Source: Cooking Light

No comments: