Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Homemade Bagel Chips


Somehow I fell for the allure of the mini bagel (I think it was an attempt to enjoy a bagel while not going totally carb crazy), but those suckers seem to come in a bag of about 300, so I was trying to find something to do with all of those darn mini bagels. I needed an appetizer to take with me to a get together, so I decided a dip with homemade bagel chips was the perfect solution! Obviously these are really easy, but they were also quite yummy!

Heat oven to 425. Slice bagels (mini or regular) into very thin slices and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush both sides of the bagel with a little olive oil, then sprinkle with seasonings of choice (I used salt, pepper, garlic powder and a dash of an Italian seasoning mix). Bake in oven for about 10 minutes, or until both sides are browned and crispy.

No comments: