Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Apple Pecan Cheesecake


This was my first attempt at cheesecake and I was making it as one of the Thanksgiving desserts, so I was feeling a little nervous about it. Then as I was about to pop it in the oven, I realized that I had used regular sugar when I was supposed to use brown sugar! It ended up turning out really good anyway and I got lots of compliments on it, so even with the mini-disaster, my first cheesecake was a success!


1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
4 packages cream cheese, softened (I used 2 regular and 2 fat free)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sour cream (I used light sour cream)
4 eggs
4 cups chopped, peeled apples (about 3)
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Heat oven to 325. Line 9x13 pan with foil. Mix crumbs, butter and 2 tablespoons sugar; press onto bottom of pan. Bake 10 minutes. Beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla with mixer until blended. Add sour cream; blend. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust. Mix remaining 1/2 sugar, apples, pecans and cinnamon; spoon over batter. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes. Cool. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Use foil to lift cheesecake from pan before cutting to serve.

Makes 16 servings

Source Jello ad in Everyday by Rachael Ray magazine

No comments: