Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Spinach Artichoke Dip


This is my go-to party appetizer and I absolutely love it every time I make it!

1/2 sweet yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (10 oz.) box frozen chopped spinach
2 cans artichoke hearts in water, drained and coarsely chopped
2 packages cream cheese, softened (I use light or fat free)
1/2 cup sour cream (I use light)
1/2 cup mayo (I use light--I'm making a real effort to make this a slightly healthier version!)
2/3 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup mozzarella
Few pinches of red pepper flakes
Salt

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil, set aside. Cook spinach according to package directions, drain. Mix spinach, onion and garlic in a large bowl. Add cream cheese, mix. Add mayo, sour cream, cheeses, red pepper flakes and salt. Mix well. Add artichoke hearts, mix. Transfer to a baking dish top with a little more mozzarella. Bake at 350 until bubbly and slightly browned on the top, about 25 mintues. Serve with tortilla chips or raw vegetables.

No comments: